In the November issue of Westjet Magazine, you’ll find my feature on two favourite Quebec City hotels: Le Monastère des Augustines (which I also covered for the Globe and Mail) and L’Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations. (Read the story online here.)
Plus, some other recent publications:
• Rolling along the dumpling trail in Richmond, B.C. (The Globe and Mail, November 1, 2016)
• How small businesses can do branding like the big guys (Canadian Business, November 2016)
• Pastry school in Montreal: Serious bakers only need apply (theglobeandmail.com, October 2016)
• Springs eternal: A visit to Borjomi, Georgia (CAA Magazine (p. 7), Fall 2016)
• Taking a gin journey to taste the authentic spirit of London (The Globe and Mail, July 14, 2016)
Download the May issue of Westjet Magazine (or flip through on your next Westjet flight) to get inspired by my roundup of 15 coast-to-coast outdoor adventures to enjoy this summer. Be it rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking or wildlife viewing, there’s truly something for everyone.
I’ve been having fun writing profiles of small and medium businesses lately for CanadianBusiness.com. It’s so inspiring hearing from entrepreneurs on what has contributed to their success. Some recent examples:
• How to bring your customer scheduling into the mobile age
• How to choose the right software tool in five steps
• How to decide when it’s time to expand your business
• How this online retailer bridges the gap for remote-working staff
I was excited to learn this week that my story and photos on travelling B.C.’s north coast won a silver award in the illustrated story (newspaper) category at the 2015 NATJA Awards. The same story was a finalist in two other categories, as well. Thanks to the judges and to the Globe and Mail for the excellent assignment.
Proud of this massive project I worked on this summer for the Holiday issue of Food & Drink – a 10-page holiday party guide with tips on decor, planning and shopping, plus some buffet-worthy sweet and savoury recipes, Ontario cheese picks and how to stock a premium mocktail bar. Pick it up in LCBO stores now, and find links to recipes mentioned in the issue on the website.
I was excited to learn today that I won a bronze award in the 2015 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards, for a story I wrote on “sightjogging” for Canadian Business magazine. Thanks to my editors for the fun assignment, and to Avalon Waterways for bringing me to Europe in the first place so I could bookend my Frankfurt-Amsterdam cruise with running tours of those two cities.